Take a look at the rules and guidelines we have in place for your safety and wellbeing.
Pick-Up Time Guidelines and Procedures
- When You call to arrange a ride, we will give you a pick-up time
- This time is usually double the time it would take to travel in a car, because we may have to pick up other clients on the way to your appointment
- When you arrange transportation, we will ask how long your appointment will last so we can pick you up from your destination
- If this changes significantly, you may call the office and we will get a driver to you in a reasonable time
- There is a 15-Minute Pick-Up Window, meaning your driver may arrive from 15 minutes before your scheduled time, to 15 minutes after
- A no-show is defined as any occurrence when the driver arrives at your scheduled pick-up location and you are not present for your pick-up within 5 minutes
- In instances where appointments are cancelled, you must call the SWCT office 2 hours from your scheduled pick-up
- Frequent no-shows are a financial burden to SWCT and an inconvenience for other riders. Please contact the SWCT office if you need to cancel your scheduled ride as soon as possible (toll-free: (866) 278-9332)
Passenger Conduct Rules
SWCT has the right and responsibility to sanction individuals that fail to comply with the agency policies and procedures. Instances that would require disciplinary action under this policy include, but are not limited to: frequent no-shows, fraud or misuse of services, and/or unacceptable bahavior
Items being transported must be limited to what can reasonably be carried by one person in one trip. Our drivers will provide assistance in this area as part of our door-to-door service, but this does not include the lifting of heavy or bulky packages or the making of multiple trips. Four grocery-sized bags per client are allowed.
You may bring someone with you as an escort if you cannot travel independently due to illness, disability, or a language barrier. A parent may travel with a child using the SWCT service. Escorts may ride free of charge or a co-pay may be required, depending on the program you are eligible for. If you are not eligible for any service programs the full-fare will be charged. You must call the SWCT office in advance to notify the staff when bringing an escort, and to find out the rules and cost.
Car Seat Policy
Car seats are required for children according to Pennsylvania State Laws, and must be provided and installed by the adult accompanying the child. Please contact the SWCT office with any questions regarding these rules.