Funding Sources

Senior Shared Ride and Area Agency on Aging (AAA)

Individuals ages 65 and older qualify to have 85% of their fare sponsored by the PA State Lottery Grant (PennDOT).

Susquehanna County

PennDOT sponsors 85% of the ride. In addition, individuals over the age of 65 residing in Susquehanna County can ride for any reason within the service area for $1 per trip (or $2 round trip beginning 7/1/2019). This is sponsored by B/S/S/T Area Agency on Aging.

Wyoming County

PennDOT sponsors 85% of the ride. In addition, individuals over the age of 65 residing in Wyoming County can ride within the service area to medical appointments or to the nearest grocery store once per week for $2 per trip ($4 per round trip). This is sponsored by Wyoming County Interfaith. 

Medical Assistance Transportation Program

Individuals with Medical Access Cards are eligible for this program. Trips provided directly to and from medical providers that accept the Medical Access Card, or to the nearest pharmacy to pick up prescriptions, are free to the rider.

Persons with Disabilities (PWD)

Riders with a permanent or temporary disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act that are between 18 and 64 years old are eligible to have 85% of the trip cost covered by PennDOT. Trips can be to any location within the service area for any purpose. The remaining 15% of the fare is the responsibility of the rider. 

To register for any of these programs, please contact SWCT, or print the application from the “forms” section of the website. Forms must be submitted before use of service to qualify for reduced fares. Completed applications can be mailed, emailed, or faxed to SWCT. With questions, please call the toll-free number to speak with a representative.

 1-(866)-278-9332

36 Public Avenue

Montrose, PA 18801

swct@trehab.org

570-610-6149