The Community Services program is dedicated to improving the overall condition of life in local communities by providing essential programs to assist low-income individuals and families.
Helping our clients become more economically independent and self-sufficient is the primary goal of Community Services. Services vary from county to county but include nutrition assistance, rental assistance, and utility mediation.
Housing Services – Eligible clients are provided with housing counseling, landlord-tenant mediation, housing relocation assistance, rental assistance, utility assistance, emergency shelter, and homelessness prevention services.
PHARE – PHARE funds are used to provide pre-purchase down payment and closing cost assistance grants in Wyoming and Bradford Counties, and rental and utility assistance in Susquehanna County.
– Eligible clients experiencing difficulty with utility payments are provided with utility assistance and/or mediation. Intensive follow-up and referral services are provided. Find out more about utility mediation
- PPL on Track
- PPL Operation Help
- Dollar Energy
- Claverack Rural Electric Cooperative
- Sullivan Rural Electric Cooperative
- UGI Customer Assistance Program
- UGI Operation Share
Case Management – Trehab staff members provide intensive casework services, assisting clients in multiple situations to achieve self-sufficiency. This work includes development of a plan to establish self sufficiency and help with budgeting.
Mortgage Foreclosure Assistance – Community Services workers provide packaging of Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency (PHFA) Homeowners’ Emergency Mortgage Assistance Program (HEMAP) for persons facing foreclosure on home mortgage due to adverse economic circumstances.
Emergency Food Program
– This program provides food commodities as a means of nutritional assistance to those facing food shortage-related emergencies. Food banks are located in Montrose, Oakland (Susquehanna County) and Dushore (Sullivan County). Click here to find out more about this program.
Outreach And Referral – Where appropriate, Trehab provides intensive outreach and referral to assist clients, in linkage with other services.